Information on COVID-19 training
To be able to deliver the COVID-19 Vaccine you are required to complete the courses identified below.
We have received these specific requirements from our clients to ensure all clinicians giving the vaccinations are trained to the national standard.
As you will appreciate the roll out of the vaccine has been very fast-moving, as has the training requirements, so thank you for bearing with us.
However, we have great news as E-Learning For Healthcare (E-LfH) has opened up their online training to everyone who needs it . (This is usually only available to those with an NHS email).
What training is needed to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine?
To be able to deliver the COVID-19 Vaccine you must be able to evidence each of the A, B & C sections below:
A. General evidence for vaccinations:
1. Evidence of a Vaccination/Immunisation course and knowledge (Certificate needed)
2. Evidence of knowledge for flu vaccinations (Certificate needed)
B. Covid specific evidence:
3. Evidence of Core Knowledge for Covid -19 vaccinators (Certificate needed)
4. Completion of Assessment for Core Knowledge for Covid -19 vaccinators (Certificate needed)
5. Completion of the specific Covid-19 vaccination training that the Healthcare provider is delivering (ie Pfizer Covid vaccine, Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccine, Moderna vaccine…) (Certificate needed)
C. Mandatory Training:
6. Evidence of Basic Life Support & Anaphylaxis within the last 12 months (to be renewed annually) – this is part of the Hallam Medical mandatory training (Certificate needed)
Section A must be completed if the clinician has no experience & evidence of giving vaccinations in the last 12 months (Including vaccine updates)
Section B must be completed by all clinicians.
Section C must be completed by all clinicians if BLS and anaphylaxis can’t be evidenced within the last 12 months.
How do I complete the training?
Instructions for clinicians:
Go to the e-Learning for Healthcare site using the link below.
If you do not already have an account with e-LfH you will need to create an account using any email (For this training it does not have to be an NHS email, during the pandemic you can sign up with any email)
Need help? Quick start guide for access
Once you have successfully set up your account, you will see the option “My learning” on the home page .
Press the “View Full Catalogue”.
You will now see a list of courses that are available to you.
Section A – General Evidence for Vaccine
If you need to complete section A, within e-LfH please search and enrol onto the following courses:
1. “Immunisations (IMM)” – there are 7 modules to this course – each module must be completed.
2. “Flu Immunisation (FLU)” – there are 3 modules to this course – each module must be completed.
Section B – Covid-19 specific evidence
ALL clinicians must complete this section.
Please search and enrol onto the following courses:
3. “Covid 19 Vaccination” There are three modules to this;
Core knowledge for COVID-19 vaccinators (Certificate needed)
COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2-Assessment (this is for the Pfizer vaccine) (Certificate needed)
COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca (this is for the Oxford vaccine) (Certificate needed)
Section C – Mandatory Training BLS and Anaphylaxis
Only needs to be completed if you do not hold Basic Life Support and Anaphylaxis training within the last 12 months. If you do require an update on either of these please speak to your consultant on 0333 800 0395.
When you have completed all of the courses detailed above please download and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving vaccinations will be a new skill for many clinicians.
This, together with the fact that they will be given under a Patient Group Directive (PGD) or a Patient Specific Directive (PSD), some clients are requesting competency assessment tools/frameworks to be utilised.
These assessment tools are being used across the UK so please ensure you are familiar with these documents and don’t be surprised if you are asked to complete them.
We know completing these modules will take a bit of time so we would like to thank you for taking the time to do them.